The holiday season brings so many invitations to celebrate with family and friends. Next time you are invited to a party, tell your host that you will BRING THE DESERT!
Rich Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 30 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco’s Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 10 tablespoon fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add 3 ounces melted chocolate and oil; process until blended. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 15 minutes or until set.
- To prepare the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan; stir with a whisk. Add half of milk and 2 yolks; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 4 ounces chocolate, and stir until smooth. Stir in rum. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 4 hours or until set. Serve with raspberries and whipped topping.
For this and more healthy deserts, check out – MyRecipes.com
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.