Drinking water is often touted as a way to clear the body’s system of unnecessary waste, but it actually has many more benefits.
Studies show that water can:
- Lubricate the joints of the body
- Help form saliva and mucous
- Deliver oxygen throughout the body
- Boost skin health and beauty
- Cushion the brain, spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Regulate body temperature
- Aid the digestive track
- Help maintain blood pressure
- Help keep airways open
- Makes minerals and nutrients accessible throughout the body
- Prevent kidney damage
- Boost performance during exercise
- Promote weight loss
- Helps prevent hangover
According to the Mayo Clinic, an adequate daily fluid intake is about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men and about 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids for women.
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.