Pumpkin is a delicious and healthy fall vegetable. Warm up with this Thai Pumpkin Soup recipe courtesy of Sur La Table.
Serves: Makes 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut milk
- 2½ cups (610 g) canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- Salt and pepper
For an appetizing presentation, and an authentic dash of extra flavor, garnish this soup with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts and sour cream.
Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, broth, coconut cream and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
Place mixture into the Vitamix container. Add chilies and lemon juice and secure lid.
Select purée program.
Switch machine to start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.