The key to keeping the weight off is to make long-term lifestyle changes that will not only keep you looking good but improve your overall health. Following these tips can help you along your journey of maintaining a healthy weight:
- Stick to a low-calorie diet- It has been shown that eating a diet that is low-fat and low-calorie can help maintain weight loss.
- Remain physically active- Do not abandon your exercise routine once you have shed pounds. Find a regimen that you can incorporate into your schedule.
- Get enough sleep- Studies show that people who are sleep-deprived are more likely to crave unhealthy food.
- Do not skip meals- Skipping meals may make you hungrier than normal and cause you to overeat.
- Self-monitoring- Routinely weigh yourself and track your food intake to ensure you are maintaining a healthy weight.
- Plan meals ahead and stock your kitchen- Planning healthy meals ahead and stocking your kitchen with healthy food can lessen the chances of you diverting back to unhealthy eating habits.
For information about the Bariatric(Weight Loss) Surgery Services at Flushing Hospital or procedures performed by our doctors, please call 718-670-8908
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.