An annual exam is a good way of tracking your health progress. How would you categorize your commitment to getting an annual physical?
- When I don’t feel good
- I don’t do doctors
Some of the benefits are:
- Primary prevention
- To identify risk factors for common chronic diseases
- To detect disease that has no apparent symptoms (secondary prevention)
- A way for the doctor to counsel people to promote healthy behavior
- To update clinical data since your last check-up
- To enhance the relationship between you and your doctor
- If you are interested in scheduling an exam, Flushing Hospital Medical Center’s Ambulatory Care Center is centrally located and has convenient hours. Call 718-670-5486 to schedule an appointment.
All content of this newsletter is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a medical professional before adopting any of the suggestions on this page. You must never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment based upon any content of this newsletter. PROMPTLY CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.